HOW TO INSTALL YOUR NEW SUPERCAR STRIPES
Important Notice: Attn: Body and Paint Shops! If your car has been freshly painted please allow 5 or more days for paint to fully cure before you apply the stripes. If you do not allow the paint to fully cure you may get tiny air bubbles in the stripes that will appear after the application. These bubbles may or may not dissipate in direct sunlight over time.
Most of our Stripes will consist of 3 parts:
1. Top layer or Transfer/Application Tape - Matte Clear or Paper Colored Finish slightly larger than the striping itself, used to cover and hold decal while allowing you to apply the striping in one piece. **May not be used on larger printed graphics.**
2. The Striping (Decal) itself.
3. Backing Paper - White colored wax-like paper which protects the adhesive side of the decals until it is ready to be applied. **Do not get this backing paper wet!
**Note: Application areas when there are curves in more than on direction may need specific attention:
(Ex. compound curves or bends on the vehicle.)
Wet Application Method:
- Clean area before installation. Be sure there is no dirt, wax, grease, ect... in the area you will apply the striping.
- Use a squeegee for application. A squeegee can be found at most auto part stores.
- Turn the decal upside down and slowly peel the wax paper backing off the stripes. Peeling flat and at an angle may work the best.
- If Transfer/Application Tape is present, the decal should stay adhered to the transfer tape and only the wax paper backing should be removed.
- If the decal is not sticking to the transfer tape when removing the wax paper simply turn the stripe back over and squeegee or rub the decal to allow the tape to adhere back to the striping.
- Spray sticky side of the stripes and the application area with a mixture of soap and water (2 drops of dish soap to 1 liter of water).
- Be careful not to get the wax backing paper wet, once wet the backing paper cannot be removed from the back of the striping.
- After backing is removed stick the stripe in place. The soapy water should allow you to move you stripe into place.
- Once in place, lightly squeegee the excess water out and wait approx. 15 min and squeegee again increasing pressure, repeat until you get most or all of the water bubbles out and let the striping dry.
- Any small bubbles usually dissipate in the sun over time.
**Also remember to follow these tips below to insure proper application.
- Any bubbles left after application can be pricked with a needle and worked out with your finger from the outside in. Most small bubbles will dissipate in the sun over time.
- The use of a heat gun or hair drier and wet application may help with difficult applications.
- Automotive Clear Coat can be used but is not necessary.